Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pattern Review Butterick 5463


























Pattern Description:
MISSES' TOP, TUNIC AND SASH: Very loose-fitting, pullover tops A, B, tunics C, D have bateau neckline and stitched hems. A: armhole flounce. B: contrast appliques and ends of sash. C, D: side slits. D: contrast above wrist length sleeves. A, C, D: purchased belt.

Pattern Sizing: I cut a size 22

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, with the changes that I made.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't really use the instructions, but I did read them for the review. Yes, They were easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? This pattern was super simple to sew and a classic style to wear. Just a few pieces to sew.

Fabric Used: I used fabrics from my stash. They were all silky prints from Joanns.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I cut view C. I shortened the length of the top to view B. I wanted it long enough to cover my stomach, but not too long. I widened the neckline. I needed more room to breathe. I also made bias tape for the neckline instead of using the facings.

Would you sew it again? Yes! This was so quick and easy to make. I will definitely sew it again. This is a versatile style top that I will be a staple in my wardrobe.

Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I do recommend this pattern to others, especially my beginner sewing students.

Conclusion: This pattern has so many possibilities. With a beautiful fabric, you can sew up a great top in about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment